Advance Scrambling and Ridges in Gredos
This Advanced Scrambling and Ridges Course in Gredos is specially designed for those who, already having some experience in climbing and high mountains, want to confidently face challenges of greater difficulty, scale and commitment.
Some examples of activities for which we prepare you in this course would be the great classical ridges of the Pyrenees or the Picos de Europa, the easiest in the Alps, or the attractive edges of the Levante mountains. If you like rock climbing, this course will also help you to gain agility for climbing the easiest routes sections.
Small groups of maximum 4 people guarantee the maximum attention from our guides, who will be able to closely follow your progress and will point and practise at what you most need to improve.
- 2 days course:
- 2 persons: 280€
- 3 – 4 persons: 195€
- 3 days course:
- 2 persons: 395€
- 3 – 4 persons: 275€
- English speaking AEGM certified Mountain Guide.
- Guiding Fees.
- Liability and accidents insurance.
- All gear needed for the course.
- Advice before the activity directly with the guide.
- Transportation. We can help you to arrange transport to/form Madrid. Ask us.
- Meals and drinks.
- Accommodation if needed.
- Personal mountaineering gear.
- Anything not listed in the “Includes” section.
- Maximum 4 people per guide.
- Ridges and committed rocky routes: Introduction and terrain description.
- Interpretation of topos, difficulty scales, length, schedules.
- Activity planning and strategy.
- Risk and dangers management.
- Gear necessary.
- The rope: types, lengths, care and ways to coil it.
- Choice of party tying up distance.
- Rock anchors, types, placement. Strength estimation.
- Rock belays. Complex belays.
- Partner belaying methods: with devices, with knots, with the body, with natural elements …
- Rappelling and retreat.
- Rappel with broken or damaged ropes.
- Ridges climbing techniques. Pitches or multi-climb?
- Techniques for protecting traverses.
- Progression techniques in sections equipped with pegs and fixed ropes.
- Basic notions of self-rescue.
- Speed vs. security.
- Coexistence with other parties.
- The bivouac. Some tips to carry few things and not get cold.
AND AS ALWAYS, WE ARE OPEN TO YOUR NEEDS …
- The course can last 2 or 3 days. In both cases, one more afternoon will be used for approaching to the course area.
- Recommended time is from May to November, depending on the beginning and end of the snow season.
- Usually Sierra de Gredos.
- The place will be chosen based on time of the year, mountain conditions and weather.
- By choice of the group or guide proposal, the course could be done in other areas.
- Good physical condition.
- Been able to lead climb grade IV trad pitches.
- Eager to learn.
- Lightweight hiking boots. If you prefer sneakers, they must be approach shoes, with a good condition sole.
- Backpack of 30/ 40 litres.
- Clothing suitable for high altitude summer mountain conditions.
- Depending on the season it can be more or less cold. (Mandatory long pants, t-shirt, fleece and raincoat).
- Beanie, Buff, and thin gloves.
- Cap, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- 1 or 1.5 litre water bottle.
- Food for the day (sandwich, nuts, bars, fruit, etc.).
- Thermal blanket.
- Photo camera or phone.
- A notepad may be interesting.
- Sleeping bag and insulation, either for the refuge or for the bivouac.
- Toilet paper and small plastic bags (the type used for dog feces) to collect used toilet paper.
Individual Technical Gear:
- Mountaineering helmet.
- Comfortable climbing shoes.
- Climbing harness.
- PAS with locking carabiner.
- 6 x locking carabiners (at least 3 of them HMS type).
- 1 x reverso type, belay device.
- 2 x 120 cm slings.
- 1 x 6 mm 150 cm cord.
- 1 x 7 mm and 5 meters long cord. If it is from Dynema, 5 mm.
Technical Gear per Party:
- 1 thin single use rope (or triple certification) of 50 or 60 meters.
- 1 set of friends.
- 1 set of stoppers.
- 4 sport climbing type quickdraws.
- 4 extendable quickdraws / with 60 cm slings.
We consider that in advanced courses students must have this gear, owned or borrowed. However, if you do not have it, we can provide you with those pieces that you do not have or cannot get.
JOIN US IN THIS COURSE!
Fill the form for booking your course!