Aid climbing course
This course is aimed both, those who want to enter the world of climbing on aiders, and those sports climbers who want to learn new resources with which to overcome sections where they could not free climb, either because it’s above their level or for being wet or icy.
- 1 person: 350€
- 2 people: 190€ each
- 3 people: 140€ each
- 4 people: 120€ each
- English speaking AEGM Certified Rock Climbing Guide.
- Guiding fee.
- Liability and accident insurance.
- All climbing gear needed (ropes, harnesses, helmets, PAS, climbing rack, belay devices…), if needed.
- Transportation. Let us know if you need help arrange transportation to/from Madrid!
- Drinks and meals.
- Climbing shoes. While we highly recommend to bring your own shoes, we do have rental climbing shoes. Please ask for available sizes.
- Personal equipment.
- Anything not listed in the “Includes” section.
- 4 participants per guide.
- Knowledge and use of aid specific gear.
- Where to place gear.
- Gear placing and bounce testing.
- Basic aid climbing progression technique.
- Aid climbing risks and hazards.
- Following and cleaning a pitch.
- Aid climbing grades and topos.
- Rappel and retreat.
- 2 full days of 8 hours each.
- Usually weekends, but can be arranged in week days at request. Ask for availability.
- Depending on the weather or group assimilation of the contents, the guide can extend or shorten the day to favour learning.
- Climbing crags around Madrid: Pedriza, Cabrera, Navacerrada, etc.
- The exact location will be decided prior to the activity, depending on weather conditions and group level.
- Both days practical and outdoors.
- Good physical condition.
- Previous climbing experience.
- Willingness to learn.
- Technical clothing for the time of year (warm clothes, windbreaker, waterproofs, etc.). It is always good to have a light layer (or multiple layers), even in the summer.
- Comfortable clothing (loose and not bulky).
- Backpack (approx. 30-40 litres).
- Approach or hiking shoes.
- Water bottle (at least 1 litre).
- Snacks (bars, packed meals, some fruit).
- Sun protection (sunglasses, sunscreen, lip balm, cap or hat).
- Headtorch and batteries.
- Camera or phone.
- Notebook (recommended).
- Trekking poles (recommended for long approaches).
JOIN US IN THIS COURSE!
Fill in the form to book your aid climbing course in Madrid!
Leave A Comment