LEON MOUNTAINS WITH SNOW SHOES
Someone called the Montaña Palentina Natural Park the Spanish Alaska.
A little frequented area where bears and wolves still wander around. An ideal playground to explore with our snowshoes and contemplate the white winter landscapes from its summits.
We propose you a perfect weekend: Two highly popular and beautiful peaks, accessible with snowshoes without the itinerary being technically difficult.
With 2,355 meters, Pico Murcia is a superclassic of the Palentina mountains in the very heart of the massif. And Peña Labra, a peak whose peculiar shape we will not forget, despite appearing unscalable from below, we can ascend it with snowshoes.
From both summits, we will enjoy unique views of the Cantabrian Mountains and Picos de Europa.
1 person: 300€
2 persons: 150€
- 3 or more persons: 100€
- Guiding Fees.
- English speaking AEGM certified Mountain Guide.
- Liability and accidents insurance.
- Snowshoes and walking poles.
- Advice before the activity directly with the guide.
- Transportation. We can help you to arrange transport to/from Madrid.
- Accommodation. We can help you to book accommodation in the area.
- Meals and drinks.
- Anything not listed in the “Includes” section.
- Maximum 10 persons per guide.
- 2 days during weekend.
- We can also organise this activity during week days under demand.
- Day 1: On Saturday we will leave Cardaño de Arriba, towards Las Lomas well. We will turn left towards the Valcabe stream to the hill of the same name. From there a beautiful ridge takes us at to the top of Pico Murcia with a spectacular view of Espigüete north face. Descent will be through the Arilla valley until it falls back to Cardaño de Arriba. Ascent: 950 meters. The best option to sleep on Saturday night is in Cervera de Pisuerga.
- Day 2: On Sunday we will leave Piedrasluengas mountain pass, on the road to Potes, with spectacular views of the Picos de Europa. We will ascend the slope to the base of the peculiar wall, which we can flank to access the top of Peña Labra. The descent will be done through a valley parallel to the climb route. Ascent: 850 meters.
- Mountain backpack of about 20L.
- Mountain footwear with GoreTex or similar.
- Mountain clothing suitable for the winter season.
- Goretex-type waterproof jacket.
- Down or primaloft jacket.
- Snack type food and 2 L of water per participant.
- 2 pairs of gloves.
- Beanie, sunglasses or googles.
- Cap or hat for the Sun.
- Mobile phone.
- Personal medication if needed.
- Spare clothes to leave in the car.
- Cardaño de Arriba – Col del Ves – Hoya Contina peak.
- Peña Carazo and Horca de Lores from Lebanza Abbey.
- Tosande Valley – Peña Celada – Ruesga.
- Cueva del Cobre
- Valdecebollas Peak from Brañosera.
- Peña Redonda from the Col de la Varga.
- Circular around the Curavacas (with snow cave bivouac)
Leave A Comment